Fixing Sonny's feet, From Foundered to Fixed



Fixing Sonny's Feet, From Foundered to Fixed



Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Cordless Grinder best xmas present :D



Last post for 2013

Ozito Cordless Grinder to do Horse's Feet Now

NOW I CAN GET THROUGH THOSE HARD FEET!




Very nice little machine. It took me about 4 seconds to get used to handling it.
I can lock the switch ON & move the machine around into either hand or hold it at all sorts of angles & do a nice job.

Here's a couple of photos of the finished work on Sonny's feet.







There is no way I could have done these feet by hand as they are so hard just now from extreme dry conditions & dry paddocks. But after a little knife work trimming tags, I used the grinder to trim away overlaid bar & define them. Too easy!! No aching arms after a heap of rasping or slashed wrists or torn shorts from the knife slipping on the extra hard hoof.

I found I can be very precise with where I touch the hoof & because this machine doesn't rev at 10000-15000 like tradies tools do, I have far better control of it. And of course much less noise.

I'm experimenting with leaving a bit of heel as that is supposed to aid building of thicker soles. Now that I have the toes much shorter I felt I could test this theory without fear of the toe running forward so fast.

My rocker has turned into a bevel of just the wall because I think I have to toe back as far as it can be just now. Maybe after the heel stands up more I can bring the toe back a bit more then.

I haven't ridden him again yet. He is a bit tender on the RF since the test ride but I will try again in the next week after this trim settles. Possibility of taking him to the beach which should work a treat.

Happy New Year to everyone who reads my blog.
I'm excited about the coming year as things are really turning around for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment