Fixing Sonny's feet, From Foundered to Fixed



Fixing Sonny's Feet, From Foundered to Fixed



Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Short Test Ride on Sonny


Yesterday I went for a short ride on Sonny along the old highway.

Here's a short video of the event.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4eKy4VhQgg

I met the new neighbour down the road who has horses too. I wanted Sonny to have something to want to go 'out' for. He's become a bit of a lazy bones home body. Previously he was always telling me he wanted to go riding or to go 'out'. I would say "want to go out Sonny?" He knew that mean going for a ride & he would beat me to the gate!

But now it's like 'do I have to?'  So I figured if he knew there were more horses down the road he would want to go meet them again & be happy to go 'out' until it becomes more exciting for him again.

This evening I checked his feet for heat but there isn't any as yet. I think his back is a bit sore from carrying this big lump of weight around! lol  I used to be 25kg lighter last time I rode him any distance. (:-/

No comments:

Post a Comment